General Reactons

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Post Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:25 am

General Reactons

Just came across it on Google+.

Gonna try it out when I get back home.

I hope my 4 year old laptop can do your creation enough justice.

Thank you for your efforts and also for sharing your hard work with us.

Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:31 pm

Re: General Reactons

Uh, ah, oh my... :shock: ...there's no cringing smily here, haha, a 4 year old laptop. That's like the 2 major risk factors rolled into one, haha. I'm afraid this won't work, but, please, let me know, if it did?!? That would really blow me away, haha. I'm so sorry, though. I still can imagine that I might find a solution that makes it even more compatible, but in terms of speed, well, it still can see plenty of optimizations, I'm sure, but there's only so much that can happen.
I don't want to bore you with details, but the access to image data during the hardware processing is limited and I have to avoid the bottleneck between gpu and cpu. If I find a complete hardware solution to determine where the fluid is in motion, I could limit the amount of data that has to get processed, which would speed it up even more and most certainly makes "endless canvas" concepts possible. BUT then all hopes are gone for older machines to handle that, I'm sure.
Ah well... but I'm happy you're joining in and maybe you come across a working system. I'd love to have your spirit around for sure! :D
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:37 pm

Oh my god this is so much fun!

I did run into a bug where I had doodled a bunch of stuff at fluidity=100%/drying=off, a very large brush (170 or so), where I tried to blend everything into a large gradient, and everything just disappeared (in a swirly nice way, have to give you that). Everything I painted after that swirled into nothingness. Had to restart.

Cant reproduce it though, so I'm not sure if its of much use to you.

Maybe a nice idea... introduce a gravity button, for paint drips? (check out http://www.unrulygallery.com/category/b ... oe-meulman for super nice paint drips)

- michiel

Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:52 pm

General Reactons

Not sure what best to call this topic, I just want to avoid the update topic to get cluttered. I've also moved some of those posts here instead. I hope you don't mind!? ;)

Anyway...
Yehehes, the tilting of the canvas is all part of the plan!
Do you remember what brush you were using? I've just fixed something that could've caused exactly that. It's something eery, where negative numbers could sneak into the material portion of the canvas. It should not happen anymore, but let me know, if it does.

:!: IF THIS HAPPENS (important tip) don't do anything but hit UNDO once. Save! :geek:

Neat stuff there, by the way! 8-)
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:14 pm

General reaction? Much hype.

Been using SAI for quite a while, and it's served me well.

This program is very unique, and SUPER exciting to me. The demonstrations you've published have me hooked, and while I'm running Linux mint 16 on an old computer, the little bit I played around was incredibly fun!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]