Vervette Fluid Sandbox...

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Site Admin

Post Sat May 22, 2021 8:41 am

Re: Vervette Fluid Sandbox...

@Heri: yep, found that silly game right away, pfff...I do wonder, if he had gotten a kick out of it himself? :shrug:

@Pud: Thank you, my dear and brilliant friend. I'm sure you can imagine how meaningful it is to me to finally feel a strong forward movement (Nope, not meant as a "that's what she said"-joke) :oops: :hihi: ...I can see a real future again! And I'd love to see your mind in color! c:!

@Ed: Everything I do is what it is in its own way. I try not to get hung up on theoretical ideals, but focus on the practical kind. "official knife" is more of a joke for myself, because of the many knife like approaches of mine without ever really trying to make a knife. It'll all be good- and hopefully elegant- fun! :hyper:
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Site Admin

Post Sat May 22, 2021 4:16 pm

Practicing shading a bit... (surreal direct feeling to do so!)
Attachments
Snapshot104.jpg
Snapshot104.jpg (120.05 KiB) Viewed 2975 times

Site Admin

Post Mon May 24, 2021 10:11 am

Hehehe, a scrunchy-worm, hehe...almost cute, Pilou! :hihi:
Here's a little doodle of various styles and blendings... just my ordinary scratch pad...
Attachments
Snapshot107.jpg
Snapshot107.jpg (737.6 KiB) Viewed 2898 times

Site Admin

Post Mon May 24, 2021 2:46 pm

AH, nope, my bad choice of words... scratch-pad as in throw-away-canvas, you know.

Post Mon May 24, 2021 3:11 pm

thats cool! now just a watercolor thingy is missing......
----------
Heri

system: thinkPad, Xeon 6core, 128GB, window10 pro, 16GB Quadro RTX5000,
https://heribert.ca

Post Mon May 24, 2021 3:47 pm

schwungsau wrote:thats cool! now just a watercolor thingy is missing......

Heri, your portfolio is awesome! :o I love your photos and digital art too. :ob

Site Admin

Post Mon May 24, 2021 4:02 pm

Yes, yes, yes... well, first of all, I need to hook up the fluids again. But then I will explore watercolor more properly. It's time!
But before all that I still need to work out some things. I know what to do next, but I'm a tiny bit stalling right now... have to sort out my thoughts to get a smooth progress.

Post Mon May 24, 2021 4:21 pm

Taron wrote:Yes, yes, yes... well, first of all, I need to hook up the fluids again. But then I will explore watercolor more properly. It's time!
But before all that I still need to work out some things. I know what to do next, but I'm a tiny bit stalling right now... have to sort out my thoughts to get a smooth progress.

watercolor is not so important ! in fact, the truth is, everybody ask about it, play around with it and never use it again ;)
----------
Heri

Post Mon May 24, 2021 4:21 pm

Lemivision wrote:
schwungsau wrote:thats cool! now just a watercolor thingy is missing......

Heri, your portfolio is awesome! :o I love your photos and digital art too. :ob

thanks !
----------
Heri

Site Admin

Post Mon May 24, 2021 5:37 pm

schwungsau wrote:
Taron wrote:Yes, yes, yes... well, first of all, I need to hook up the fluids again. But then I will explore watercolor more properly. It's time!

watercolor is not so important ! in fact, the truth is, everybody ask about it, play around with it and never use it again ;)

This is me, quoting! :hihi: ... love the quote!
But I have to say, I feel like when it works right, it will be a tool you wouldn't want to miss. This is what I'm going for with it, once I approach it.
Reality is, 99% of the time I don't work with Fluids, but with the velocity for smudging. Right now this reaches a whole new low, as the new version of Vervette has it's key-power in actually transferring stored paint along pushing paint with velocity underneath it. It's ALMOST conventional, but it feels pretty novel. I can't wait to get it all out for y'all.
Just now I finally gained control over the procedural-space-traversal, hahahaha, what a great word-creation that is! :lol:
I may sound trivial, but the difficulty was a peculiar one at first. I didn't have the focus to really think it through. Now I did and it really sounds trivial again.... 20/20.
The trick is the following (for those, who care):
The brush is really just a Quad polygon. It changes size either by some set size or dynamically. That means that the UV coordinates inside this square go from 0.0-1.0 depending on the size of the brush.
The noise is being read by using those UV coordinates. You can set the scale of the procedural noise and control, whether it scales with the brush size or not.
The velocity of the brush accumulates in a position variable, which is used to offset the noise. But the amount by which the velocities get added to the position has to be scaled based on both the size of the brush and the scale of the procedural noise and has to act properly, when the size is set to be dynamic.
(anyone still reading this?) :shrug: :hihi:
...now imagine the formula (pseudo code):

proceduralScale = (parameter + (1.0-parameter) * amount) * brushSize; (for example! Could be anything that involves 2 parameters and the brush size)

Here's the QUIZ:
noiseSamplingOffset += velocity * what?

Maybe to some of you this is a total no-brainer. It took me until today to relax my mind enough to finally just put it together and it's a fairly simple formula, actually. Aside from dozens of different challenges I chose to deal with, all of them with curious spaces and relationships to consider, some little things can become quite exhausting to solve.

Anyway, the result is so cool. It does something rather amazing when you use it dynamically. It makes theoretical sense, but is visually surprising and very, very pleasing. I'll show some stuff later. :ugeek: :hyper:
PreviousNext

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]