hello! not sure if bug or wrong settings

Here we mingle, introduce ourselves, our thoughts and ideas and have caring discussions.

Post Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:44 pm

hello! not sure if bug or wrong settings

hi, verve looks like a really awesome program and i would love to try it! i don't think its running properly and i was wondering what i should try next or if my pc just isn't up to specs. Its a cheap 2013 toshiba laptop running win 8 64bit with a 2.4GHz intel pentium processor on 6gb ram with a Intel(R) HD Graphics card. im also using a turcom tablet with a driver that seems to mess stuff up occasionally.

verve seems to open fine and i can see most of the interface, although the tool names don't usually show up when i rollover the different toggles and buttons. the main thing is that holding down with my tablet pen tool or trackpad buttons don't leave any sort of brushmark. the only thing that happens is that the brush cursor changes shape according to the speed i'm dragging it at, and a red-green gradient appears on the canvas intermittently between clicks. i'm able to use the keyboard shortcuts as far as i can tell, to make the grid show up and make new layers. i've messed around with different toggles and opened it afresh a couple times but no marks show up. any chance there is an easy fix i missed reading over the rest of the forum?

thanks and i hope this post is in the right place, feel free to delete/move it wherever.
Attachments
screen11.gif
screen cap of interface
screen11.gif (99.16 KiB) Viewed 6508 times

Site Admin

Post Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:30 pm

Re: hello! not sure if bug or wrong settings

Oh, well, first of all: Thanks, talu! I'd be happy if you could try it, but I think the Intel graphics card won't be able to handle Verve. I've heard several times how people manage to hook up Nvidia cards to their laptops. No idea how that all works, but this sounds like a potential option for you. The rest of the specs of your laptop sounds quite good!
In a way I'm almost surprised Verve runs at all, considering the card, but well...
Anyway, I'm happy you've tried and hope you find more reasons, so that a new gfx card makes sense to you?! Would be strange, if it was only for Verve, of course. :shock: ;)
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:38 pm

Re: hello! not sure if bug or wrong settings

ahh, unfortunate for me! thanks for the reply, i'll post again if i manage to wrangle a new graphics card (:

Return to Community [feedback, bug reports, discussions, etc...]