GOATs Gallery

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Post Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:11 pm

GOATs Gallery

Welp Ima leave this one here. The fluorescent light tend to get me due to their wavelength and i went a little too yellow on the skin I feel. Also theres some proportional issues that are erking me. Other than that, this software is refreshing though as it proposes topology and paintings arent so easily fixed with the myriad of tools you might see in photoshop. Its a great tool to really see what your capable of without a large quantity of tools to help increase the quality of your work. Ill definitely continue doing more studies with this program as it makes painting more challenging and it allows me to better look into what areas I need to improve.

Site Admin

Post Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:49 pm

Re: GOATs Gallery

FANTASTIC, you've started your thread! Hurray! :bounce:
Ah, yes, this is excellent, because you do inspire me to really continue with Verve for all the right reasons. I really want to keep its simplicity, but actually make it all more accessible, too. I finally really needs a proper GUI and all the functionality to not get stuck in any way.
Besides multi level undo, more "sculpting" controls are definitely on the list. Key will be to maintain the sense of physicality in it all, but inside of its on sort of coherent universe. I will do whatever it takes so that it's fun to use, intuitive and you can explore your very own artistic instincts in it.
You are actually a wonderful example for how your unique style comes through. I can feel your pain regarding the strokes up there... "fixing" is tricky, when you're still exploring the features. But eventually you will not really be concerned with having to fix anything anymore, you will see.

There's still a lot of work for me and I already know a lot of what I have to do. Good times will come, I can pretty much promise that! In the meantime, you're a great motivator and I'm keeping my eye on your thread here for sure! c:! :hyper:
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:47 pm

Tamara de Lempicka colors! Coolest! c:!
Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz

Post Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:11 pm

Painting without topology or = topology is quite a bit easier for me. Im not used to painting with topology and I think I get a little heavy handed for it. This is a short study I did I might work on it a bit more I might not. Decided to try painting with the high liquid setting and doing it sortve like watercolor

Site Admin

Post Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:36 pm

Once you get a feeling for the mildly thicker paint, you really will start to deeply appreciate it, trust me. You can, for example, fill the canvas [Ctrl]+[Shift]+[F], then turn the BUILD UP to 0% to 25%. It creates a very consistent and slightly creamy feel. Sometimes you want to have pen pressure on opacity, [E] to toggle, sometimes on size [W] toggles. Once you get into the zone, it becomes very natural. Also, don't forget to experiment with the brushes. There is much to discover! For most of the time I tend to stay on [9], but it really depends on your mood or the challenge. Image Brushes are enormously powerful, too. But you have to figure those out first, hehe. I have absolutely never ever done a real tutorial video for Verve. How bizarre is that?!? :shrug:

Post Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:39 pm

really cool stuff !
----------
Heri

system: thinkPad, Xeon 6core, 128GB, window10 pro, 16GB Quadro RTX5000,
https://heribert.ca

Post Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:20 pm

Painted this up yesterday. Will hopefully wrap it up in the next few days. Trying a value study to get familiar to the topology and what have you.

Site Admin

Post Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:15 pm

It already has fantastic proportions and such solid volume. He really feels alive! Looking forward to where you will take this one! c:!

Post Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:16 pm

oh right oh right, now you made open up Verve again and spend some time with it :D

great work !
----------
Heri

system: thinkPad, Xeon 6core, 128GB, window10 pro, 16GB Quadro RTX5000,
https://heribert.ca

Post Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:13 am

very well done :beer:
my system: intel7 - 2600k, gtx 970, dualboot windows 7 64 bit / ubuntu 14.04 lts
my deviantartpage: http://zeropainter.deviantart.com/gallery
my youtube channel: zeropainter - ok, there are only 2-3 very short videos
Next

Return to Your Artworks