Silver's first 3 attempts.

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Post Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:33 pm

Silver's first 3 attempts.

So I just finished my third verve painting and I feel really excited to show these off! So first one I also posted in my first doodle but comparing it wih my other 2 really shows where I've come. I had no prior experience prior to verve other than a few doodles during math class back in grade school and watching a few of toran's videos.

System Info: NVidia GeForce GTX860M, i7 (2.5GHz), Windows 8

Post Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:33 pm

Re: Silver's first 3 attempts.

Next, I wanted to try and make something with the fluid mechanics so I went and made this stylized 109E both parting and creating the clouds which make an ace of spades shape. It took me several hours but I felt i really learned the majority of verve functions.

Post Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:34 pm

Lastly I decided to really apply myself to see what I could make and I had a set of rules to help me progress: I had to make a rather simple object that had texture, but that I could figure out the lighting myself. I had to take a reference image and tilt in several axis so I could learn to draw something in an angle that I may not of seen it at. The background needs to look semi detailed, and I have to include as much detail overall as possible. What i wound up with was this, which is the first thing I really think belongs on this forum. Even though it is simple I have never made something so cool and I couldn't believe I made it!

If anyone has any advice I am very open to it as I'm trying to learn the art of making art haha. I understand the shadow is very dark but something about having it so dark and having the ice so light really made the puck pop to me, but i realized putting such harsh shadows in not always appealing to everyone and I apologize in advance for that :P

Site Admin

Post Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:58 pm

:shock: Holy heck, Silver!? That's AWESOME! I love the puck! May I say: Puck, yeah! :lol:
You've captured the perspective and light and even the ice on the puck so very well, it's great!
You could've taken the sides of the puck and had a little more perspective on those, too, but other than that, it's brilliant! I don't know, if you know what I mean, but it's almost as if you had a 2 point perspective that works perfectly well, but a 3 point perspective would've made it totally perfect. However, when a camera goes tele like that, images almost look orthographic, so it really ain't much of a problem at all.
The shadow IS VERY APPEALING, but it is very dark and kind of melts the side of the puck a little, which you could've helped with either making it a little brighter or just brighten it up mildly towards the edge of the puck, just so it could be seen a bit more, you know. But that's just nitpicking, really.

ROCK ON! :rock:
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:54 pm

Taron wrote:May I say: Puck, yeah! :lol:

I just looked up the difference between 1st 2nd and third perspectives but I for some reason am having trouble figuring out how i would have to angle the puck/camera to get 3 point perspective? is it just as simple as raising the cameras so the puck is slightly rounder therefore creating a downward vanishing point? or must i bend the sides of puck ever so slightly inward? I think the latter but is it a combo maybe? I'm pretty excited I have another painting lined up in my head ready to be created! I am surprised how well verve works with my mouse! I dont have a tablet/pen but i still find it easy to use! I thought id share that last bit for fun haha.

Site Admin

Post Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:51 pm

The 3rd point to get the verticals into perspective would be far, far away, so you'd kind of have to imagine it! OOOOOORRRRRRRR you actually have a look at my grid in there! :D
Check the docs on how to control the grid! ;)
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:27 pm

"Attempt?" ...I'd say you got it! :geek: All of them great, especially the space scene. Can't wait to see more!
Visit: http://www.k4icy.com/ dA: https://www.deviantart.com/mikek4icy FB: mike.maynard.9277 email: mikek4icy@gmail.com
System Info: NVidia GeForce RTX 3060 (12Gb), AMD Ryzen 7 5700G 3.8 Ghz, 16 Gb, Windows 11

Post Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:22 pm

What a nice ice surface and puck. That's really cool.
System: i9 10900k@4,2 Ghz / RTX3090 / win10 Pro64 Bit/ 64GB Ram

Return to Your Artworks