Intars' gallery

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Post Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:45 pm

Re: Intars' gallery

At first, as i remember, the intention was to paint color glass tiles or something like it. Than i started to smudge everything
that i didn't quite liked and ...than this fellow/face happened :ud:
Attachments
Cosmoverve_02 (7 Sept 2019)_middleRes.jpg
Cosmoverve_02 (7 Sept 2019)_middleRes.jpg (113.05 KiB) Viewed 9467 times

Post Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:46 pm

Just your regular cosmos picture.
Attachments
Cosmoverve_03 (7 Sept 2019)_middleRes.jpg
Cosmoverve_03 (7 Sept 2019)_middleRes.jpg (182.47 KiB) Viewed 9467 times

Post Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:55 pm

It was such a relief to discover of just how comfortable it is, as it turns out, to paint something in Verve even with fluidity = 0 and just smudging paint strokes.
Previously i just automatically was using more or less fluidity. What i was thinking? Here i just played around with brushes and idea of some character concept - painting.
I like how Verve painter turns out to be soo much more flexible tool than i got used to think about it. When you start experimenting with all those knobs, parameters and hotkeys,
it starts to feel like you are in formula-1 and stuff works like hi-tech. Nothing particular in this character - it just came out of the mind right during paint-session, freestyle. It is somewhat
low-res (which is true). Didn't wanted to make lot of heat in my GPU unit :roll:
And i like pixeled res - makes me think about older computer graphics when everything was ...different and less antialiased ;)
Attachments
someguyCharacter 2 (8 Sept 2019).jpg
someguyCharacter 2 (8 Sept 2019).jpg (138.23 KiB) Viewed 9467 times

Site Admin

Post Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:13 pm

And they're so dramatic looking! :D Great stuff! c:!
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:48 am

You think? :l
Well, its your verve painter. You made it so its sooo easy to work with it and smudge paint. Well, by easy i mean in no way that it's easy to do all the nuances of artistic
process and work - you still have to be aware of this and that, have some training and understanding. But technically, shortcut-wise, once you start getting used to them
vervePainter starts feeling like comfortable space ship.

There is three, possibly maybe little bit more, pieces that i will post and show here some time later. One will be really dark compared to all previous work. I accidentally discovered
how vervePainter actually can help me tremendously doing concept art in iterations and variations until subconsciousness starts to pick up on possible best candidates. The way how
color smudging and few brushes, paint accumulation on canvas works in vervePainter allows for unprecedented plasticity and experimentation. So great! So freeing!

Site Admin

Post Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:47 am

That's so nice to read, THANK YOU! :hug:
And I agree completely, of course. There's also this fascinating effect of how your mood can translate onto the canvas, how your patience can give you tremendous control and how any lack of patience brings out deeper layers of your state of mind. It's not like things would immediately fall apart, but rather change spirit.
But there is so much more potential in the concept. I need to bring out more of it for sure! :ugeek:

Post Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:22 pm

Allright folks :bow:
here i dare to bring my most, most, mooost favorite up-to-date work which stands as a symbol for a sooooo long time held secretive and constantly developing
art project (together with another one but its another story), spanning its life now some 12 years and outliving in importance all my small, middle and many
other artistic endeavors. This project is almost like a time travel machine for me since first scibbled ideas, saved impressions, mind moments dates back to time
when i was 20, 21 years old. Working on this project thus somehow remind me for a lot of additional time related stuff ;)

Well, these vervePaintings aren't the whole project itself which is conceptualized as a film, veerry deep, veeery dark and veeery long one in perfect world where i
could be allowed to live for such a long time to create the whole thing by myself, slowly, in 3D animation, with decades spanning patience. The standard reference
for film style would be something like Metal Gear Solid 1 on PS1 (which i hold dear to me in terms of impressions it gave me) - a lot of historical, cinematic, conspiracies
and grim realities and silenced facts. All that in surreal horror genre flavor. I call it Fear Society.

Idea is to try creating a collection of key images and editing them into static frames movie with added sounds and plot texts. A sort of movie gimmick. I have 6 min of
demo but i don't intend to put it anywhere online for many years. I always hided this project basically from anybody and internet especially for all these years. It is
life-long quest and i felt no need to put anything of it on internet just for casual 'meh' views.

Since i found verve painter to be of such a tremendous help in creating necessary concept images, i somehow feel this small forum is the only right place now to post
anything from this project. Almost everything, many images i haven't showed to almost any of my friends and known persons. Somehow i got used to keep this art project very,
very private.There is close to none images from FS that is published anywhere on internet (except maybe one, two without any mentions of links to FS and project itself). So
here is the only place where i bring some pieces with ease. As always these are 100% verve-painted. I don't intend to bring on all the images from FS, only verve-painted ones and i like
to keep it that way. There is something special in verved ones :ob
Those private art projects were like medicine for me when i was commercial artists - commercial art is so emtpy mostly; i was so sick and tired of it all back than at one point.
What an irony - a person drawing really dark, socially and history related art feels so uplifted, reliefed and calm and so pissed off, angry and poisoned and betrayed when drawing
funny-juppy-yeee unconsciouss, evolutionary irrelevant art for commercial fuck-sake, some wage, infinite growth of business processes and cancer stage of market economy on our planet :PP
Though i quit art for good few years ago, i still feel solidarity with any artist going rage about what he is asked to do for his living wage when he inwardly feels and knows he has more
to offer to the needs of the times art-wise. Its another thing when artist himself likes commercial art, its needs and specifics - no problem with them and no problem for them. Its not
road for many. I saw artists raging, going mad, not putting up with employer pressuring them up needlessly (and good thing they did so ). I happened to develop resistance myself and
know how hard it was to put up with commercial shit, client rose-tinted wishes ad brainwashing in your working place.

Actually one image from FS was already posted here, somewhere in my beginner times but this fact not of great importance anyways.
As promised, here i bring new stuff. For me this image instantly became a breakthrough moment, a symbol, an icon for whole FS project!! There was similar moment just a
year ago in 2018, but this one beats it. I was struggling in conceptualizing one dark character, called "Director" in somewhat precise shapes and look for so many years, almost
all the years that project existed for now. Had few initial inspirations from Francis Bacon paintings for sure, but never anything precise and clear - only vague and blurred ideas.
And finally one day, on August i sat with verve Painter and during one session of just randomly pushing pixels for a lot of time the concept finally broke out!!! :bounce:

I won't comment much on character or plot of FS, except that this "Director" thing closer to the end of story in sort of surreal/dream dimension have to engage in final pseudo-'talk'
with main character in which he familiarizes the main character with dark sides of main character's society and its history, legacy, consumption megalomania architecture and associated hidden
structured violence architecture within it by giving him a briefcase full of never before publicly disclosed or revealed intelligence, public institutions documents,tapes, photos of which existence
any historical investigator could only dream of - like true X-Ray diagrams of Kennedy autopsy made right at morgue and before Secret Service agents made interference, secret recorded talks of any other important figures above governmental levels of society, key moments of Western history, WWII, frauds, Cold War behind the scenes, monetary system cover-ups, Vietnam War, ideological violences and ignorances of the masses and so on. Its as if this deity possesses all the lost and deleted history of true face of consumption society and its cost. He appears and comes there, where fear is so prevailing, no matter how much repressed in individual units of society, that it can still be sensed by such deity and other beings from his other dimension world. They sort of like vampires come for bloodlust and on blood smell, only with a difference that they come on fear. Thus - fear society.
You can imagine the whole atmosphere as Stephen King's Shining, Silent Hill and Hideo Kojima's Metal Gear Solid 1 crossover.

It is here in all true potential i uncovered what power verve Painter truly possess for iterative and conceptual art creation. This vervepaint represents this Director character as it stands
for now. It is somewhat bizarre design but it has to be. It may look really strange, especially because of those stuck shattered glass pieces in the head and along his body part but here thing
about design is not to chase 100% physiological and spatial realism. For this character especially exists contrary need for surreal allowances in his body, flesh and physical design so to speak.
So, which one is better?
Attachments
director character concept art_web.jpg
director character concept art_web.jpg (231.44 KiB) Viewed 9296 times

Post Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:06 pm

Welcome back Intars,

I am seeing really nice art in conception and design. off the beaten path. On the director I like the one on the right better, It seems more fully realized :ugeek: :D
Motherboard -Asus Rampage IV Extreme
CPU - i7-3930k @ 3.2 GHZ (overclocked - 4.5)
Ram - 64 gigs Kingston Hyper Beast
GPU - 2 Nvidia 1080 GTX running in SLI

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread ... -sketches-)

Site Admin

Post Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:18 pm

Uh, Intars, yahaha, I love that! Very promising! :hihi: ...though recent developments make it more and more challenging to discuss such concepts in public, I do believe that art remains a viable jester to at least reveal one's creative impulses on such topics. I would find it probably most sinister to find out that all of the fear-mongering distortions of so-called history fit into one neat little box. Would one take that away, suddenly the splendor of abundance would shine again and we would see the truth about the true promise of earth again, which was cut off only a shockingly short time ago, considering. One would learn that everything, which is meant to lead people by means of fear, could only be a lie, conjured up by a rather small group of people with such a director at its helm. :twisted:
I'm looking forward to how your story manifests and I'm excited about your use of Verve for it! :hyper: :ob

Post Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:17 pm

:borg: fantastic
my system: intel7 - 2600k, gtx 970, dualboot windows 7 64 bit / ubuntu 14.04 lts
my deviantartpage: http://zeropainter.deviantart.com/gallery
my youtube channel: zeropainter - ok, there are only 2-3 very short videos
PreviousNext

Return to Your Artworks