Intars' gallery

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Site Admin

Post Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:18 pm

Re: Intars' gallery

Well, brush #1 is great for Warping (best for that, actually, if you want to do something "accurate"). Brush #2 - #5 are the original Verve brushes, which have unique powers, but due to their "stippling" nature they are not ideal for everything. They are meant to work with fluidity and it's vital to be aware of their bristle settings. They do, however, make best use of the brush bias, as you can observe in my old videos. :ugeek: :D
However, brush #1 is probably most like a photoshop brush and works quite good as Averaging brush for super smooth blending. It's the most artificial of them all, though, of course. :shrug:
See, with Verve it is most tempting to abandon all "digital painting notions" and only go for the fancy stuff, but it actually supports quite well some of the more "traditional" digital paint maneuvers. It just feels a bit out of place in the overall context. Still fun to explore! c:!
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:08 pm

cool posts,
I like Leo vs Shreder, there is something about it that is sort of dramatic.
congrats.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gonnabdh
Portfolio: https://www.deviantart.com/eduardobedoya/gallery
System: Intel Core i7-13700K, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 16GB, CORSAIR Vengeance DDR5 32GB, Windows 11
Verve Wishlist:
-LSH color pallete
-Brightness Knob

Post Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:21 pm

Thanks, folks, for leaving input.

Taron, you somehow made me return to my idea - that probably it is a good time to revisit your old verve tutorials. I think quite a bunch of small nuances have become forgotten about
verve tool-set, and i start to think more and more that there is a need to re-watch all of them again, step by step (which is no small feat for me in my constrained-time, mind you please :roll: ).
With a time we get used to some of our working workflows, eeerggh... and optimizations took place, and some possibly good tool gets lazily left out. Your comment about categories of brushes
and how they were supposed to work best kind of hinted for me that i lost some basics :roll:

So, the training in near future :)

eduardobedoya - well, when i was kid i remember ninja turtles TV cartoon series and especially games as not only funny and entertaining but also somewhat dramatic. That feeling is what i tried
to convey in that image. I absolutely know that there is already like a ton of Turtles fan-art, the topic is over-saturated, everything imaginable is almost drawn there and you hardly can draw anything that hasn't been already drawn to some degree by someone else and maybe even better. I perfectly knew that initially. But still, i decided to give it a try and draw with an emphasis on drama.
There is actually one more Turtles vervePainting in the works, that much i can tell ;)
I started to work on it little by little at the end of November but it is not ready yet.
It will be ;)

Post Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:17 pm

Very nice :) Really like those brush strokes on Terminator :)

Post Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:29 pm

Two new drawings, i finally finished them. This time around i tried to use verve-painter for pixel art sort of. I wanted to draw them really low-res as if for
DOS era game graphics. Except one odd, minor behavior in which while working on some upper layer, before click on canvas, verve sort of "outlines" some parts of
drawing in previous color choice 'line'. But artifact goes away with another click on any other layer and does not bakes itself in into drawing of exported file. Its fine.
I liked to do pixelated drawings with verve very much :rock:

Original working resolution was 340 x 180; here are non-interpolated upScaled versions for better viewing.
Again, Terminator theme.
Attachments
T3_drawing_1 (8Nov 2019 - 9 Feb 2020)_web.jpg
T3_drawing_1 (8Nov 2019 - 9 Feb 2020)_web.jpg (211.19 KiB) Viewed 9437 times

Site Admin

Post Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:35 pm

Tehehe, with the upscale it really reminds me of old Amiga 500 game covers or so. Really fond memories are triggered! :lol: :ob

Post Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:36 pm

Second drawing. Both of them were made with huge gaps in actual drawing sessions due to university studies, crazy exams. Since i am 34 and not 18,20
it takes harder toll on me, all those fast-paced modern time universities. The brain is really slower in sucking new info in large volumes each day, so i
had not much time for art. But verve served me as stress-reliever whenever i did launched a painting session, truly. So, patiently, i pixelated my way
to what i call final image ;)

Hope you like it and to someone, familiar with DOS and 90's era this might give some warm memories as bonus.
Attachments
T3_zimejums_2(11 Nov 2019 - 8 Feb 2020)_web.jpg
T3_zimejums_2(11 Nov 2019 - 8 Feb 2020)_web.jpg (191 KiB) Viewed 9437 times

Site Admin

Post Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:48 pm

Hahaha, yes, bonus obtained! :hyper: ...now I want to play that game!

Post Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:33 am

Great idea and execution! c:! Love it :bounce:
DA: http://ovn1.deviantart.com/
Insta: https://www.instagram.com/_ovn1_/
System Info: NVidia GeForce GTX 970

Post Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:01 am

Actually there already exists quite a few DOS Terminator games, as it turns out. I never had opportunity to see, play and even hear about them back in 90's. But here is one, Taron,
that might fill in your wish to get hands-on DOS experience for war against machines:

(youtube video link):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4URVvJL1GuQ (Terminator: Future Shock gameplay video)

Hardly i could make anything better or at least comparable with my current crap programming skills at this year, at current moment :hihi:
I have so far only one really simple, tutorial-based attempt of handling something like 2D side-scrolling game which kind of semi-works... ;)
It was a miracle i didn't "fell through the roof" in the middle of the video learning series into abyss of unreadable errors, bugs. It was C/C++ and SDL framework.
If i manage to create some pixel graphics with verve and make a game out of it, i will surely let it be known here :bow:
PreviousNext

Return to Your Artworks