EB Verve Painter

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Post Mon May 29, 2017 10:47 am

Re: EB Verve Painter

I think Eduardo you did a very good job. You are self confidence with your brush strokes with no doubt. c:!
In the portrait I mostly like nice warm colors, shadows and details in eyes. BTW we can use photo camera to get "strict portraits", don´t we? :-)

Post Mon May 29, 2017 1:50 pm

yes, u are right Lemi
I'd hope some day I could flesh out some concepts, but I'm to picky and I think would need a 16k canvas :mrgreen:
sometimes I feel confined to portraits, cuz it's the main thing I can do at big res with my setup limitations.
I feel desapointed when working at pixel level (start to see the pixels) the Verve magic starts to fade out rapidly.
So I only paint what can be painted at sortof bigres within my canvas size limitations.
but I will try to make the most creative portraits that I can, as if they were close ups of full compos of concept art, hope it works. c:!
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gonnabdh
Portfolio: https://www.deviantart.com/eduardobedoya/gallery
System: Intel Core i7-13700K, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 16GB, CORSAIR Vengeance DDR5 32GB, Windows 11
Verve Wishlist:
-LSH color pallete
-Brightness Knob

Site Admin

Post Wed May 31, 2017 8:06 pm

Pfff, somehow I currently don't get notified by email about new posts...no clue why? ANYWAY: GREAT STUFF!
Love Asuka the most!
That last girl could probably use a bit more flattery, but for a quicky...well done!

The concept art piece is a bit...uhm...it has nice colors and good ideas, but overall it doesn't quite have the strength you pull out in your portrait studies, you know. Even if it's "at nightfall", you should give it more contrast, more shading, you know, more light, more definition of light. It's a bit washed out, you know. You have the shapes and the posture, which are all great, really! Now you just need to get that contrast into the foreground to also give the whole thing more depth and see, if you can imagine a more exciting illumination also from those blue, glowing wires. Right now it feels as if one reads what you mean, but only by offering imagination effort. It should be pushed to become more clear, you know. The contrast will help. It doesn't mean you should make those wires brighter, for sure not, but to get some more light playing on the illuminated parts, possibly almost a type of reflection or specular highlights that could give more clue about the nature of those wires and the substances of the rest.
Without a doubt, you can really go into that same painting again and work it some more. You will not destroy it and you'll only need to tweak and add, you know. So...perfect starting point and possibly a fantastic study for you! :ob
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Wed May 31, 2017 9:54 pm

I'm glad you are back Taron,
yes that girl mounted it's a sortof fanart but I prefer to say it's a color study :mrgreen:
Horizon Zero Dawn game engine doesn't have color reflections and yes I should add them (I tried to do it just in two parts of the yellow wire)

I have two vrv files of 2k x 1.5k is it possible to join them into a single 4k x 3k keeping the texture material (depth)?
thanks advanced.
System: Intel Core i7-13700K, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 16GB, CORSAIR Vengeance DDR5 32GB, Windows 11
Verve Wishlist:
-LSH color pallete
-Brightness Knob

Site Admin

Post Wed May 31, 2017 10:12 pm

Ugh...eh...not, yet, it isn't possible. But, oh, that's a really funny one, because if all goes well, something like that should never be necessary either. So...not sure, but for now it ain't possible, sorry. :shrug:
I find you quite fascinating as an artist, Ed. You bring style to your reference studies, even a distinctive one, too. Yet, you have still a lot ahead of you to gain confidence and understanding to work without reference, you know. It's a wonderful road ahead of you, though.
The one thing I may worry about a little is the transition from letting go of reference, even as you work with it, but internalize your understanding of what you're looking at. There are multiple "dimensions" to work out, to fully take on the inside and see with your inner vision: Shape, Volume, Light, Material and, of course, Color.
I think, if you've worked successfully with references for a long time, this could become a daunting task, like feeling lost or detached somehow and searching for a lifeline. But once you let go and you accept the challenges- and there are many- then you will discover your true artistic powers! c:!

You can draw from certain logical things you likely already know, especially in terms of proportions! We've talked about Fibonacci, but the weight of this system of proportions is not to be underestimated. It goes everywhere, really. All kinds of relative sizes and placements on most living things have those proportions. Faces have those proportions all over, everything does. This is but one example of things you most likely know already, but may not have taken control over just yet. Perspective and all that jazz is yet another thing, of course. But take things one step at a time. No need to rush. I just think you should gradually get away from references to find your inner strength before you return back to references. It will give you a great deal of independence!

Post Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:03 am

you are right Taron
u see, I usually think that I'm somehow visually restrained, it has to do with my mind state I guess, as if I were holding back due to fear to fail. thx for your words man, they really help me to introspect.

about the refs, for me, I guess for everybody, there are 2 different kinds of refs,
one kind of refs are for paintings that you made out of your mind mainly in terms of pose, lighting, mood, etc, but you just need some refs for fabrics, materials, or even to reinforce you lighting, mood, etc.
the other kind of refs (that are so called 'studies') are when you basically copy old masters or any other subject, in my case was a game engine render :ugeek:
and I think there is a hole gradient of refs kinds between both of those, sometimes you just ref the light, others only the expression, others even only the color palette.

yes that girl mounted was a photo study
my first artwork here, youngirl, was the most creative I've verved so far.
for the two brown people I used middle way kind of refs, so they were sortof creatives
the last two girl portraits were studies,
but with the girl in red I deviate from the initial ref a lotttttt. :mrgreen: as and old master used to say, the ref is only an excuse c:!

heres the ref link of Asuka Bodypaint
http://imgur.com/gallery/Mavtx

Imageeduardobedoya Asuka Langley Soryu Evangelion DBvACGH097_resize by eduardobedoya, on Flickr
Last edited by eduardobedoya on Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Verve Wishlist:
-LSH color pallete
-Brightness Knob

Site Admin

Post Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:15 am

Ah, yeah, your "body paint" is qutie a lot more successful! :ob

Post Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:51 pm

You are really really good!
Digital oil paint flows c:! c:!
I am curious what is your favorite FLUIDITY% and F: SMUDGE% setting :geek:
System info: NVidia GTX1080, i7 6700, Win10
https://www.behance.net/pudjakjuzto2

Post Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:23 am

thanks pud,
I've just abandoned this one (for a while), I'll let my eyes rest from red :mrgreen:
I use low fluidity, never higher than 15%,
perhaps sometimes I had tried something new by going higher, but very rarely and I usually undo it :lol:
smudge ranging from 0 to 70%

Verve has its own way of painting, but I can only handle it when I paint something very familiar, in unfamiliar parts I usually level it down
and at that degree I think Verve has it's PShoppy way of painting,
also the way of handling fluids(thinner) are somehow different from AR, I wonder if I would ever be able to come back to it someday,
I have my presets back there waiting for me, as if they were asking me to come back :ugeek:

there are lots of concept art out there, when wandering around them I just think how they would look like if they were made on Verve.
Last edited by eduardobedoya on Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Verve Wishlist:
-LSH color pallete
-Brightness Knob

Site Admin

Post Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:31 am

I'm sure there are styles for concept art that could take advantage of what Verve gives them, but that industry has run itself into such an expected style, thanks to Pasadena Art Center and the likes. Somewhere between Photoshop and Painter they got almost stuck in a way. But that's just the thing: Concept art is meant to show concepts. This is actually very, very technical, besides the artistic root, of course. But it is about demonstrating and even detailing very technical previews. And it has lost its mind at the latest when Lord of the Rings came along. I can't wait for that industry to make way, to be honest. Besides the propaganda, it just is so pretentious. As a result they exploit everything they can and numb the audience down (and dumb them down, too) to the point where we're mindless and not impressible by anything short of severe provocation. So...story telling made way for stimulation, then over stimulation and so forth. It's just about getting to people, not about offering something that people can find. Hard to explain, I"m afraid.

Anyway, one single image of some of our artists here can do more good to my heart and my mind than most movies out there together. Most certainly more good to my soul than all movies combined.
PreviousNext

Return to Your Artworks