dines sketch book

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Site Admin

Post Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:09 am

Re: dines sketch book

That looks beautiful, Dines! c:! ...has such an interesting "taste" or "flavor". Meeting of three ethereal golems, hehe? c:!
There's possibly one thing that's more obviously off-putting and that's that the middle guy's body suggest he would stand in front of the left guy, while the size of his head suggests he was behind, making it a bit confusing. I would probably just give the left guy a bit more shoulder so that he cuts in front of the middle guys body, if you know what I mean.
Other than that: SWEET! And even with that: SWEET! :hyper:
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:56 am

Thank you actually you comment with the sholder is really interessting ... didn't notice that at all but after re-thinking it ... it make totally sense.

Today ist painting ... is called one of us ;-) ... c:!
I tryed to combine some techniques from paintins before and also add new things.
- Tryed the eyes from the owl picture...have to admit that painting them small is even more difficult.
- Tryed to come up with clouds in the sky like from the rocket image
- New is the material wood.
- New is all so the leaves on the wood but acutally I had no Idead what I was doing.

2023_06_06_doodle_045.jpg
2023_06_06_doodle_045.jpg (230.2 KiB) Viewed 4007 times

Site Admin

Post Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:35 pm

ADORABLE! :D
Of course you got a bit confused inside the small eyes, as you said, but it's weird, because the large ones appear like you have totally understood the concept: Inside concave, outside (specular highlight) convex. The small eyes have the correct (or consistent) highlights, but the inside is almost arbitrary. Still looks enormously cute! :hihi:

The clouds sure look like it's clouds in the sky, so that works, while it also appears consistently stylized like the wood, which is nice.
The leaves, however, could be a fantastic moment to explore Brush images a bit more.... grrrrrr.... should I actually do a tutorial on this stuff after all? Hmmmm... Anyway, the reason is, because as they are now in your painting, they don't have the same stylization that one sees and feels in the rest. It's hard to tell how they are intended, on top of that, as it's unclear whether they are sloppy individual, big leaves, or if they are sloppy clusters of leaves, hahaha. Sooo, yeah... :uhuhuh:

Beyond all of that, though, it's instantly cute and has a fantastic vibe altogether. It is curious enough to allow different phases of observation. From the immediate draw to the eyes and thereby inspiring the imagination to see owls, to the curious configuration of the "nest", making one zoom out in the imagination and gradually begin to look at the whole as a motive, which has a really unique design. I like it a lot! c:!

So, yeah, I should do a little brush image school, hehe. Let's see!

Site Admin

Post Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:45 pm

Here's a dirty little reminder for the eyes... it's just to hint at the general idea again.

top: Profile
bottom: Frontal
Eye.jpg
Eye.jpg (15.51 KiB) Viewed 4006 times

Post Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:28 am

Thank you so much for your feedback and also for the example. I have to admit the smaller eyes were also executed a little sloppy.
(... and yes I have to try out custom brushes ... will do)

But based on your little example .. it is for sure that todays painting is going to be an eye! c:! c:! :rock:

What do you think?

2023_06_16_doodle_046.jpg
2023_06_16_doodle_046.jpg (244.56 KiB) Viewed 3991 times

Site Admin

Post Fri Jun 16, 2023 11:02 am

Eye see! :hihi:
Looks great! Like an eyeball, seen through a fisheye lens up close. Be careful to be aware of this, though, since the pupil of an eyeball is much smaller, like the proportions are different. But you can easily google that, too.
However, the substances look GREAT. Love the gelatinous feel of it! Great job! c:!

I will record a little video tutorial on simple brush images. I promise!

Post Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:16 pm

Thank you for your feedback regarding the eye. It is interessting... when the eye is behind the lids the pupil feels much larger but without it your are totally right ... it has to be smaller, of course .. and yes I googled it :ugeek:

Today ... I just had soooo much fun with Verve!
here is todays painting c:! c:! c:!
Attachments
2023_06_19_doodle_046.jpg
2023_06_19_doodle_046.jpg (244.33 KiB) Viewed 3931 times

Site Admin

Post Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:19 pm

He looks properly entertained, that's for sure! :D :ob
Yeah, I'm having a blast right now, too, and a great deal because of you. THANKS! :hug: ....things sure will get more exciting soon. 8-)

Post Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:52 pm

Today's painting was actually yesterdays painting.... I called it done ... but it for sure needed some more detailing an tweaking! Anyway.
Loved to play with colors... light and shadow in this one. I started with a random fluid paint and went on detailing and refining. Maybe it's a little to detailed and the eyes have no guideding. Should have added a vignette to guide focus.

But love it ... c:! c:! :ud:

2023_06_21_doodle_047.jpg
2023_06_21_doodle_047.jpg (244.49 KiB) Viewed 3895 times

Site Admin

Post Thu Jun 22, 2023 2:48 pm

Oh, this can be so relaxing, just letting the fluids inspire you. Combine this with #8 and/or image brushes and there's a never-ending "Pareidolia"-party waiting for you! c:!
That reminds me of yet another feature I still will put into Verve and I may just have named it: Pareidolia Party 8-) :hihi:
It could be a kind of random, fractal turbulence with turbulent impulses for fluids, too. Hit a button and weird stuff happens! :lol: :hyper: ...could make for some fun starting points.
PreviousNext

Return to Your Artworks