dines sketch book

Showcase your Verve Art to all ages!

Forum rules
Only post Jpeg images less that 256kb in size, or post a link instead! Keep it family friendly here, please!

Post Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:45 pm

Re: dines sketch book

Thanks for you reply! This is huge coming from you! I have still that feeling that I am not able to express myself with the (digital) pen as I want to ... but that's maybe the lack of practise and experience. c:!

But according to Rust. Rust is a higher level language for lover level tasks. It has the advantage for the sake of performance not to have a garbage collection but a tough compiler (when it compiles it runs - so they say). They to memory management with the "borrowing system"... means memory could only be ownd by one actor. This helps memory saftyness a ton. It's a better C++. Mozilla's (Firefox) CSS Rendering Engine was re-written in Rust. That was actually the reason Mozilla made Rust (and open sourced it). To many concurrency bugs that could not be tracked down. This has nothing to do with Assambly in the first place.

On the other hand there is Webassmbly which is byte code that runs in the browser. Mostly used for heavy combuting stuff inside the browser and WASM can interact with the DOM as well. Almost all languages can compile down to WASM (WebAssembly) - because no one wants to write code in Assembly :geek: . With that you'll be able to write in your language of choice and compile it down to WebAssembly byte code. (then you could basically ship your painter as webassmbly byte code) ;-)
... pen interaction and browsers are a whole different beast. I think newer HTML should access to pen pressure and tilt and this is something related to the touch interaction stuff but I am not sure -haven't looked into it yet. But I can imaging that it is most likely slower than native desktop apps. This might indeed be the trade-off between compatibility and broughter reach of users and performance **sigh**

Anyway back to business here is my latest... My addition to the boring apes ;-) maybe one day I got my own NFT collection ... just kidding... trying to improve in proportions, shading and overall painting c:!

2023_02_23_doodle_007_resized.jpg
2023_02_23_doodle_007_resized.jpg (254.75 KiB) Viewed 1308 times

Site Admin

Post Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:44 pm

Yes and no. My time traveling is certainly related to the phases we call "golden age", a time when we care only to manifest and weave our ideals together, unhindered by illogical obligations from a failing experiment to force humanity into cooperation rather than allowing the immortal shapes of our souls to find common harmony. In such time we don't have to stop for anything to share what we have to give and there's no privilege required to receive the fruits of each other's imagination.
These times have the power to last, but we yet have to figure out a natural restraint, too, so we may organize properly to truly create an infinite flow among us. There times, however, are our only windows to achieve that, too.
I happily admit and even acknowledge that programming is indeed a work of art. I'm working very hard on getting from stick figures to works of splendor, hahaha. :? c:! :hihi:

As for pen pressure and tilt, yes, with windows10+ it has returned to the browser world from which it was taken away during windows 7 times for no flipping reason. In Win11 it actually is decent again, since it now no longer has to pop up those MODIFIER bubbles, which drove me insane in Win10. It just still is a bit lagging, which annoys me properly. But I will most certainly have it hooked up for the Vervette release! My new code, by the way, also allows running Vervette perfectly with "Sync OFF" in Chrome, making it quite shockingly fast, depending on your choice of graphics card and canvas resolution.
Ah, I see, guess the word "Assembly" took me to the lower levels. However, as for Rust, I'm not too thrilled about Mozilla for a while now, since they inject code into websites on client side and cause all sorts of troubles here and there. I used to love Firefox, but...meh... for a while then I loved their legacy version "Waterfox", which still kept some of the good old days alive, but yeah.... Chromium has taken over. I'll definitely look more into Opera GT, which acts quite brilliantly with Vervette. Lastly, I may have an even closer look at Node.js, because it absolutely works, but there are still more things I'd like to figure out about it.
Here to help! :D
System Info: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10, AMD Ryzen 7 (2.3 Ghz), Windows 11
Taron.de | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

Post Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:17 pm

Thank you @Intars .... and yes Taron is always light years ahead

Post Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:19 pm

I got the question ... can you paint something cute ... Now the question cute or creepy

Comments and critics welcome ... painted with Vervette.

2023_01_25_doodle_008_resized.jpg
2023_01_25_doodle_008_resized.jpg (229.5 KiB) Viewed 1289 times

Site Admin

Post Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:55 pm

Yeah, this is a wee bit more on the creepy end of things, haha. The facial proportions are absolutely adult, while posture and body proportions suggest baby. It's very eerie, hehehe. :hihi: Not to mention that it looks like he's holding a :beer:

Post Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:03 pm

Yes, definitely more creepy than cute ... and actually I was just recognizing the beer :beer: glas while I was uploading. :PP .... and shape and shading is a little dull...

Anyway ... I exploring more shading and coloring and realizing how much more color it needs and different color from lighting and reflections. It's not that didn't know but it is fascinating when you look from a different angle and try to observe it - next job will be to bring onto the canvas.

Today is about watching the fire... note to myseld: need to work on shading and proportions as well ... hope to loose the dullness one day c:!
... painted with Vervette

2023_01_26_doodle_009_resized.jpg
2023_01_26_doodle_009_resized.jpg (247.73 KiB) Viewed 1279 times

Post Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:34 pm

Little mushroom ... painted with Verve c:!

2023_01_27_doodle_010_resized.jpg
2023_01_27_doodle_010_resized.jpg (247.83 KiB) Viewed 1252 times

Post Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:17 pm

Cuty! c:!
Is beautiful that please without concept!
http://moiscript.weebly.com/ https://schmoll8.wixsite.com/magicavox
Latop: Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Quad Core i7, Windows 10, 8 Gigas, 2.4ghz

Post Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:44 pm

Thank you @Pilou.

Today was just a little nonsense doodling. Nothing really special c:!

I really like the option to paint with light and how it affects the surrounding pixels. And also that I do not have to have a seperate layer and that I am also able to paint with multiple mode.

Painted with Verve

2023_01_30_doodle_011_resized.jpg
2023_01_30_doodle_011_resized.jpg (237.46 KiB) Viewed 1245 times

Site Admin

Post Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:42 pm

Oh, I love the Mushroom! That one is really awesome! :ob :ob :ob
And your Vervette doodle is GREAT! Considering that the version I have online right now is really, really basic. Jeeeez, I need to wrap up a proper release.
PreviousNext

Return to Your Artworks